- 2 sheets butter puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Sesame seeds
- 600g sausage meat
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 sprigs flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
1. Mix all the ingredients together and cook a small disc in a pan to check the flavour. Spoon the mix into a piping bag.
2. Roll out your pastry and then pipe a long 3cm thick sausage along the pastry edge 2cm from the edge. Brush with egg along the side of the sausage and fold over. Crimp with a fork. Cut into your desired size, Brush the tops with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
3. Rest in the fridge for 10 minutes while the oven is heating. Put the oven on 200°C and bake the sausage rolls for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
Chocolate Brownie with Vanilla Milkshake
- Makes 1 x 20cm square tin
- 185g Butter
- 185g good quality dark chocolate
- 3 whole eggs
- 250g sugar
- 85g flour
- 40g cocoa
1. Pre heat oven to 180c or 160c fan assisted.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter over a water bath.
3. Whisk the whole eggs and sugar till pale light and fluffy.
4. Sieve together the flour and cocoa.
5. Fold the chocolate mix gently in to the egg mix.
6. Fold in the flour and bake for 20 mins. The brownie should be soft and squidgy with a light crust on top.