- 2 oranges
- 4 green cardamom pod
- 2 clove
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 300g ground almonds
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 orange
- 50g caster sugar
1. Place the oranges in a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over a medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, return to the pan and cover with cold water and the spices.
2. Bring to the boil and cook for 45 minutes then refresh under cold water. Coarsely chop oranges. Remove and discard any seeds and the spices. Put the orange in the food processor and blitz until smooth.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl until thick and pale. Add the orange, ground almonds and baking powder and gently fold until just combined. Pour into a lined baking tray then bake for 25 minutes in an oven preheated to 180c or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
4. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Then zest & juice the orange and gently heat along with the sugar until a thick syrup has been achieved carefully poke some holes into the cake and generously pour over the syrup. Enjoy!!!