Are you taking part in Veganuary 2021? If so, we are here to show you that Vegan dishes are not boring, but tasty. People getting involved has increased dramatically these past few years because not only are there health benefits, but it also has an environmental impact.
The data below is collected from Veganuary Business Support Kit, and you can find more facts, figures and information online. If you have been persuaded to give it a go, your first dish can be Chef Stuart’s Cauliflower & Cheese Risotto:
- 500g Cauliflower
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- 150g Arborio Rice
- 75ml Vegan White Wine
- 300ml Vegetable Stock
- 50g vegan Italian Style Hard Cheese
1. Begin by cooking the cauliflower until it offers no resistance at all. Then refresh in iced water, strain then squeeze any excess liquid out of it being very firm to make sure it is dry. Blitz down until it is smooth.
2. Finely dice the onion and crush the garlic. In a medium-sized pan with a splash of olive oil add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
3. Add the garlic then add the rice. Cook the rice for 1 minute to start the toasting process then deglaze the pan with the wine. Reduce by half then add 100 ml vegetable stock. Reduce to a low heat and continue to stir.
4. Once the stock has evaporated add the remaining stock a little at a time stirring until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. This should take around 15 minutes.
5. Finely chop your chives sitting them to the side. The rice should now be cooked, add in your cauliflower puree and season with salt, pepper then grate in your cheese before serving garnished with some of the chopped chives, a drizzle of olive oil and a little more grated cheese.