Tomorrow’s Facebook Go Live starts at 11am where the Cook School’s Head Chef Stuart, along with Chef Andy, will be cooking us through making scones – a firm favourite with the kids we know! We’ll be demo’ing plain, sultnan and chocolate chip. Below is everything you’ll need to cook along..!
• 40g self raising flour
• 50g caster sugar
• 115g unsalted butter
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 300ml buttermilk
• 50g sultanas
• 50g chocolate chips
• 1 egg
Equipment List for Cooking Along:
Ingredients measured out | Mixing bowl | Rolling pin | Dusting flour | Cutter or cutters, depending on how you’d like to cut them | Whisk | Pastry brush | Lined tray | Cooling wire
1. Put flour, sugar, butter and baking powder into bowl and using both hands rub the butter in to dry ingredients until evenly dispersed.
2. Add buttermilk.
3. Divide mixture into 3, adding sultanas and chocolate chips into the mixtures and leaving one plain.
4. Roll out and cut to desired shape.
5. Place on lined tray, egg wash and bake at 180c for 20 minutes.
6. Dust with icing sugar and serve with butter and jam.