The perfect festive dessert, Chef Stuart teaches us how to prepare the perfect Pavlova.
- 4 Egg Whites
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Heat oven to 150c.
2. Whisk 4 egg whites with a hand mixer until they form stiff peaks, then whisk in the caster sugar, roughly 50g at a time, until the meringue looks glossy.
3. Whisk in 1 tsp white wine vinegar, 1 tsp cornflour and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
4. Spread the meringue to your desired shapes and bake for 1 hr, then turn off the heat and let the Pavlova cool completely inside the oven.
- 300g Raspberries
- 3 tsp Icing Sugar
- 350ml Double Cream
- 1 Vanilla Pod, split and scraped
1. When the meringue is cool, put half the raspberries, 2 tsp of icing sugar and ½ vanilla into a food processer, blitz until smooth, then push the fruit mixture through a sieve.
2. Whip the double cream with the remaining icing sugar and vanilla then spread it over the meringue. Use the remaining raspberries as a garnish and serve with your coulis.