🐣🐰 These individual carrot cakes are the perfect Easter treat, whether for yourself, for the kids or as treats for family, friends and neighbours! Don’t forget to send us your photos if you make them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or by email to [email protected], we love to see everything you’re all baking at home…
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing + Marzipan Carrots
🐰 120g light soft brown sugar
🐣 120ml vegetable oil
🐰 2 eggs (beaten)
🐣 120g self raising flour
🐰 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
🐣 1 tsp mixed spice
🐰 Freshly grated nutmeg
🐣 100g grated carrot
🐰 75g pecan nuts (optional)
🐣 75g raisins
1. Pre heat oven to 180c or 160c fan assisted.
2. Beat the sugar and oil till smooth and combined, gradually add the beaten eggs.
3. Sieve together the flour, bicarb and spices and add to the wet mixture.
4. Fold the carrots, nuts and raisins through the cake batter.
5. Fill your cases three quarters up as the cake will rise as it cooks.
6. Place in oven for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean, cool on a wire rack.
Cream Cheese Icing
🐣 200g Cream cheese
🐰 100g icing sugar
🐣 50g Soft unsalted butter
🐰 1 orange
1. Beat cream cheese and butter till fully combined and finely grate in the zest of the orange.
2. Add the sieved icing sugar one spoon at a time.
3. Pipe on to the top of your cooled cakes
🐣 30g marzipan
🐰 Orange food colouring
🐣 Red food colouring
🐰 Small bunch curly parsley, washed thoroughly.
1. Tint marzipan with orange and red food colouring, a drop at a time, to reach desired colour.
2. Divide the coloured marzipan into 12 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball, and then roll into logs, tapering 1 end, to resemble carrots.
3. Carrots will keep, covered, for up to 1 week. When ready to use, cut a slit into the end of each carrot and slip in a piece of parsley.